xHT™ Battery (eXtreme High-Temperature Battery): A conventional rechargeable lithium ion battery optimized for high temperature (HT) operations (> 350C) and extended life. This translates to an equivalent upfront capital cost (as compared to a non-differentiated low-cost product), with 2X to 3X longer life, thereby leading to lower LCOE (levelized cost of electricity) by 30 – 35%. Over two hundred systems have been deployed primarily in India.
Key highlights – xHT Battery
- Fast charging, light weight, long life cycle, and highly compact system
- XNRGI proprietary BMS designs
- Double pulse resistance binning – sorts the cells for better performance
- Remote telemetry for pack monitoring (IOT) – monitoring and troubleshooting
- Individual bad cell identification in a pack – cost reduction and optimization
- I-beam pack design for cell replacement – cost reduction and optimization
- XNGRI’s xHT battery’s electrolyte does not use LiPF6 (Lithium hexafluorophosphate)
- “F” is replaced with –NH2 radicals.
- Does not generate HF (Hydrofluoric acid)
- Results in no swelling and longer battery life therefore reduced overall operating cost.